Sunday, June 19, 2005

Just one last feature...

I admit it, I fell for the inevitable "just one last feature" before release. Most software developers fail to set a feature set and stick to that, heck - most software companies with quite rigorous processes, schedules and plans - fail to do that. There is always that one last feature that someone, be it an internal "champion" or an external customer, claims is a "make or break" feature. Having the financial muscles to say no or to stick to the feature plan is a difficult choice - and most people are too afraid to say no to a feature request. Especially if there is a customer that is requesting the feature. You don't want to be "hanged" for saying no to a customer request.

In my case I am the one doing everything from the coding to saying yes or no to the customer. And I said yes! I'll do it! And put it into 2.1... So, what I've done is starting to code again to enhance What's Running with yet another feature. Which of course means that 2.1 is delayed again... I'll try to put out a new beta Real Soon Now though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home