Thursday, February 24, 2005

Leveling out...

The first exitement is now over. Even though What's Running is still popular and running at a rate of approximately 200 downloads a day from download.com, the traffic from being a "new item" on several download sites are now mostly gone.

A lower interest is not necessarily a bad thing. The results so far are beyond my expectations. I've amassed a number of e-mail addresses of people interested in information about updates and I've received a fair bit of encouraging comments at various download sites for WR.

So what's next?
I'm currently following two paths that I hope will converge. Firstly, I want to enhance the functionality at whatsrunning.net to get a basic implementation of an application database.
Secondly, I'm fixing bugs and adding some nifty features to an update.

What to call the next version is one of the difficult choices. It wasn't very long ago I published a 2.0. Should the next version be 2.01? In my view that would imply that I have only fixed the most critical bugs. But I am actually adding some important features so maybe I should call it 2.1? or 2.5? or maybe even 3.0.

Time will tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home